bad example: GNU Parallel as dir processor

From: Thomas Sattler
Subject: bad example: GNU Parallel as dir processor
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:33:43 +0100

Hi there ...

The manpage says, when grouping is disabled, "Output is printed
as soon as possible" and "the outputs from different commands
are mixed together".

As far as I understand, that means not only lines might appear
in quite a funny oder, it might also be, that one line of out-
put is a mixture of several lines of different jobs.

And than there is this example:

| GNU Parallel as dir processor
|
| [...]
| The -u is needed because of a small bug in GNU parallel. If
| that proves to be a problem, file a bug report.

In case the mentioned bug has been fixed in the meantime, the
example should be updated and the -u should be removed. (As
well as the description about an existing bug.)

In case the mentioned bug has not already been fixed, I'd vote
for removing the whole example, as it's just working.

Thomas