Re: "parallel will behave similar to ..."

From: Thomas Sattler
Subject: Re: "parallel will behave similar to ..."
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:04:20 +0100

(I'm sorry, Ole, for you getting this twice. I made
a mistake and sent my answer to you, not the list.)

>> | If command is given, GNU parallel will behave
>> | similar to xargs.
>
> By not putting any options in we are simply saying parallel
> can solve the same kind of problems as xargs.

So, why not just use this sentence in the manpage?

"parallel can solve the same kind of problems as xargs"

The way it currently is could be taken literally.
In fact, that's what I did, and it was quite con-
fusing until I read the complete manpage.

Thomas