Re: "Support [...] is limited and may fail"

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: "Support [...] is limited and may fail"
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 20:51:27 +0100

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Thomas Sattler
<sattler@med.uni-frankfurt.de> wrote:

> The subjects line appears three times in the manpage:
>
>  "Support for --xargs with --sshlogin is limited and may fail."
>  "Support for -m with --sshlogin is limited and may fail."
>  "Support for -X with --sshlogin is limited and may fail."
>
> But what exactly are the limits. What is the problem,
> and when does it happen? The wording does not forbid
> the usage of -m|-X|--xargs in combination --sshlogin.
>
> I'd vote for a little more information about this
> issue in the manpage.

Action speaks louder than words: Instead of voting for it, please do
the investigation to figure out the limits, and why, how and when it
fails. Then write your suggestion for that section of the man page.

I can just see it sometimes fails, and because:

* I never use it, and
* no one has given a good case for using it, and
* no one has provided a beautiful patch

then it has not been fixed nor elaborated. In other words: it is not
worth my time to fix it. If you find it is worth your time, you are
most certainly welcome.