Re: feature request: {#} with leading zeroes

From: Shao Zhang
Subject: Re: feature request: {#} with leading zeroes
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:48:10 -0700

In production, we only really have 2 types of sequential formatting.
No leading zeros:

8,9,10,11

and fixed number of digits:

008,009,010,011

'Three digits or more' is not really a case I've seen in the wild.
Just my 2 cents having to work with production image sequences on a
daily basis.  I typically use parallel to convert images out of order
in which case this functionality isn't necessary.

We do have internal tools that will process sequentially like this:

loop 1-1000 -cpus 8 'convert this.%d.tif that.%6d.jpg'

Which isn't guaranteed to be 100% sequential when cpus > 1 but its
never going to be horribly out of order.

I'm not sure if the functionality is necessary unless there's
something that absolutely needs to be done in order or roughly in
order.

You can always break out your data by dirs and run parallel against
the ones you want done first.