Re: Your choice: Shorthand for $PARALLEL_JOBSLOT

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: Your choice: Shorthand for $PARALLEL_JOBSLOT
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 17:15:51 +0200

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Rhys Ulerich <rhys.ulerich@gmail.com> wrote:
>> PARALLEL_JOBSLOT = PARALLEL_SEQ mod Number_of_jobslots.
>> What would be a reasonable shorthand for $PARALLEL_JOBSLOT?
>
> Playing off the modulo operation: {%} ?

I like that. Can we envision situation where this will cause problems?
E.g. !! would be a terrible choice, and in Bash you can use '%2' to
refer to the suspended job number 2.

How about other shells? csh? zsh? fish? tcsh?

Another idea would be {##}.

I like this less: Bash uses the @ for expanding all arrays in a list: ${name[@]}