RAM memory consumption

From: Samdani A
Subject: RAM memory consumption
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 11:38:43 +0530

Dear all,

I have been tried using parallel combining with another executable file to run jobs parallel. For example

ls -1U | parallel -j 24 a.exe {}

This work fine when there are 1500 files. But when I tried with 65,000 files. After the process has started sometime later the RAM memory usage started to raise slowly and reaching out consuming all the RAM memory usage. Is there any solution to maintain the RAM memory usage consumption while running the process with GNU parallel. Kindly provide me your suggestions.

Regards
Samdani.A