Progress bar and multiple arguments

From: Nathann Cohen
Subject: Progress bar and multiple arguments
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 22:55:50 +0200

Hello everybody,

I believe that I found a (minor) bug, so I report it here.

When using parallel with the --bar option, everything looks fine.
However, when using the '-m' flag (which allows each command to
process several arguments) the progress bar counts only *one* job
processed for every command run, while many more have been finished.

To illustrate, the following line runs two commands:

    echo -e '1\n1\n1\n2\n2\n2' | parallel --bar -P 2 -m sleep

The first command is 'sleep 1 1 1' (which waits 3 seconds)
The second command is 'sleep 2 2 2' (which waits 6 seconds)

Here is the output when the first command has returned

    16% 1:5=5s 2 2 2

Here is the command when the second command returns:

    33% 2:4=7s 2 2 2

This being said, thank you *VERY MUCH* for this wonderful piece of software.

Regards,

Nathann