partysip-dev

[Partysip-dev] Re: your mail

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: [Partysip-dev] Re: your mail
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:24:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, [gb2312] ?? ?? wrote:

> hi,jack:
>
>     I wonder how partysip forward the request it received,in the code
> I see such line
>
>      i = pspm_slp_forward_request(fwd, route);
>
>    and I see it says if the Route header in the request is null, it
> will use the Request-URI as the destination to send the request.I
> wonder if there exists any route table in SIP component to tell the
> proxy server or UA where to send to request.

plz, read the draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-09.txt
I can't answer all basic questions...

Just for this one:
The Route/Record-Route mechanism is used in SIP message
to "record" the path of request from one Endpoint to
another Endpoint through a set of proxy.

During a call, evry proxy that wish to remain in the path
(when partysip has the option "record-route on") add a
Record-Route header in each initial INVITE forworded by
the proxy. This "route-set" (as called in the SIP spec)
is received by the remote Endpoint and copied back to
the Endpoint that initiate the Call in the 200 OK answer
to INVITE. Subsequent request within the same dialog will
contains the route-set (the route headers) and proxy use
this route header to "route" request without making
additionnal search (this avoids database lookup
or domain resolution)

Get it :)
Aymeric