partysip-dev

RE: [Partysip-dev] Call stateful proxy

From: Robert Högberg
Subject: RE: [Partysip-dev] Call stateful proxy
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:18:33 +0100

> On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, Robert Högberg wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I think that I need a call stateful proxy for my quite odd
> setup. Does
> > partysip have this functionality? Would it be hard for me
> to add this
> > functionality?
>
> It's quite easy to be call statefull, but if you want to control calls
> and tear down both side from a decision made on the proxy... being
> call statefull will not be enough.
>
> I think it's close to impossible with partysip. You need some kind of
> B2BUA for this.

Thanks for the input! You're right considering the B2BUA, that's probably
what I would need since I need to initiate and modify sessions in the
"proxy". Too bad this wasn't easily done with partysip since it would be
useful to have access to the user database. Now I think I will need a B2BUA
and a proxy to get the messages to the right hosts.

I can't just implement a UAC/UAS in a partysip module and use partysip for
message delivery and user lookup?

/Robert