pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Programming conventions doubts

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Programming conventions doubts
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 02:13:14 +0200

   So, my question is, can we use the inline keyword? Or why not do something
   likethis:

   #if HAVE_C99 == 1
   # define _PDF_INLINE inline
   #else
   # define _PDF_INLINE
   #endif

Sorry, you dont have to use INLINE. The macro in gl_INLINE in
m4/inline.m4:

dnl Test for the 'inline' keyword or equivalent.
dnl Define 'inline' to a supported equivalent, or to nothing if not supported,
dnl like AC_C_INLINE does.  Also, define HAVE_INLINE if 'inline' or an
dnl equivalent is effectively supported, i.e. if the compiler is likely to
dnl drop unused 'static inline' functions.

does the trick. I wrote the INLINE stuff before to switch to gnulib.

So yes, you can use the `inline' qualifier in your code.