pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] (no subject)

From: gerel
Subject: [pdf-devel] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 19:07:54 -0300

Hey, I've a question concerning the unit tests for the List module.

I have written test skeletons for the 22 functions :-) but now I'm wondering how
to actually test each one in a separated way.  For example pdf_list_add_first()
returns a pdf_list_node_t which I can't rely on until I know it has the correct
value in it by using pdf_list_node_value (node), but then I should check
pdf_list_node_value() first, and I can't until I add at least one element to the
list, calling pdf_list_add_first(). Voila a damn testing cycle. How should I
deal with that ?

I like more integrated tests like the one I have which calls several functions
and check for the overall behavior of the module instead of trying one function
in isolation. I know it's common to do both types of testings, but what is the
prefered way for you ?

-gerel

PS: damn module It looked inoffensive! :-P