pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Re: migration to GNU Bazaar

From: Zac Brown
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Re: migration to GNU Bazaar
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:39:49 -0700

gerel wrote:
Please read
http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.dev/en/user-guide/index.html#sending-changes
for a description of the bazaar "merge directives". The merge
directives should be sent to this very mailing list to be
discussed. If the patch is approved then I will merge it into the
trunk.

Just a note for people new to bazaar like me :-). In order to generate a correct
merge directive file (with "bzr send -o patch") you have to commit changes with
"bzr commit" first. That commit is not needed if you just want to get a diff
file ("bzr diff"). The diff file though, doesn't track branches metadata (which
is needed).

cheers,
-gerel

To effect the same thing as a CVS commit in a DVCS like Git or Bazaar, you're going to commit and then push. So there's a little concept update for those unfamiliar.

You can commit everything you want for however long you want, then you can build a patch set from the head and submit that. If you actually have write access to the repo, then you'd be "pushing" your commits into it, though we're not doing that.

-Zac