pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Extracting documentation from sources

From: raskolnikov
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Extracting documentation from sources
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 22:21:54 +0200 (CEST)

> I would be happy to introduce the use of such a tool in GNU PDF but,
> due to the workflow we use (first design the API of the module and
> document it in the refman, then implement it) we really need to have
> some place to document the API before to write any code. If we can
> find a solution for this then to use a doxygen-like tool would be
> really useful. Any idea?

I think that one could start designing the API by writting a sketch of the
.h header file with all the documentation and functions and type
declarations. Once the API design is approved, one can tune that up (in
most cases that file would need almost no modifications) and then start
writting the .c implementation.

I don't know if the docbook to texi conversion is very traumatic, but I
prefer Doxygen to Gdoc. It allows to document many things and generates
very nice output -in my opinion the HTML documentation generated by GDOC
lacks many cross-references links and such that Doxygen does generate and
makes the documentation a pleasure to browse.

JP

PS: How is the stream new API going? :)