pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Problems with task #64

From: gerel
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Problems with task #64
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 19:14:25 -0700 (PDT)

 > Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 22:32:57 +0200
 > From: address@hidden
 >
 > Hi Gerel.

Hi jemarch,

 > I just came to the gcc option -funsigned-char. We may use it and
 > remove the casts to the libc functions.

I don't believe that would solve anything really, because we are still trying to
collapse two different types (regardless of its machine representation) in
one. The same would happen with 'int' (for which we do have differentiated its
signess).

 > Alternatively we could left the existing casts. I agree with you in
 > that making pdf_char_t a synonim of char would require more casts in
 > the code that assumes that a char contains a code between 0 and 255.
 >
 > What do you think about it?

The only 'clean' solution I have is to define a new type pdf_signed_char_t, so
that the FS module uses it when calling freopen().

Otherwise, we're not eliminating casts we're just moving them around, so any
solution is the same to me.

regards,

-gerel