pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Text module unit tests failing

From: gerel
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Text module unit tests failing
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 09:10:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hey people in pdf-text-context.c line 133:
##
  locale_name = gl_locale_name(LC_CTYPE, "LC_CTYPE");
###

This function gets called in my system and setlocale() too:
##
gl_locale_name_posix (int category, const char *categoryname)
{
  /* Use the POSIX methods of looking to 'LC_ALL', 'LC_xxx', and 'LANG'.
     On some systems this can be done by the 'setlocale' function itself.  */
#if defined HAVE_SETLOCALE && defined HAVE_LC_MESSAGES && defined
HAVE_LOCALE_NULL
  return setlocale (category, NULL);
###

And the man page for setlocale() says:
##
On startup of the main program, the portable "C" locale is selected as default
###

And that's what the DEBUG info says right ?
##
   libgnupdf: ***DEBUG BASE***:base/pdf-text-context.c:138: Invalid locale
   info detected! 'C'
###

Now, can't we start solving the issue from that assumption ?

my 2 cents.

cheers

-gerel