pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Filter params type

From: gerel
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Filter params type
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:20:28 -0700 (PDT)

 > Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 20:37:35 +0200
 > From: Juan Pedro Bolivar Puente <address@hidden>
 >
 > Hi guys,
 >
 > I've just started the lzw filter implementation :) It has an
 > "EarlyChange" param, and I was trying to guess what the param's hash maps.
 >
 > I think that the best behaviour is to map pdf_char_t* to pdf_char_t* and
 > let the filter decode the param content, as otherwise it would be quite
 > error prone for the library user as she'd be tempted to store the param
 > value in an incorrect type. This would ease also the implementation of
 > the PDF parser, abstracting it from filters internals.

I don't understand what you mean with 'decode the parameter' but, If you're
refering to actually interpreting the parameter, then that's something the
filter itself should do (if the PDF reference says so).  OTOH, if in the PDF
reference a parameter says to be an integer, I guess the hash will contain a
pdf_i32_t in it for that parameter key. That is the idea of the type
abstractions we defined in the library (pdf_*_t family), right ?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

cheers

-gerel