pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Improvements for pdf-filter

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Improvements for pdf-filter
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 20:30:17 +0100

    > Ideally all the filters that can be specified in the command line
    > options are implemented so, what is the point of returning an error
    > code if a filter is not implemented?

   As you said, 'ideally'. If some library tester not involved in the
   library development wants to use the utility it would be nice to
   report those warnings and error.

I would rather put assertions in the switch cases for unimplemented
filters, or removing them from 'GNU_longOptions'.

The primary function of pdf-filter is to serve as an utility, and not
as a test tool. I think that we should not change its interface.

--
Jose E. Marchesi  <address@hidden>
                  http://www.jemarch.net