pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] gdb breakpoints in scripts?

From: Jeffrey Walton
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] gdb breakpoints in scripts?
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 17:18:50 -0500

Hi Aleksander (and Jose),

> Jose and me tried on weekend to run under GDB all torture
> tests, playing with "follow-fork-mode" and "detach-on-fork"
> options; but no success.
> [SNIP]

Thanks for the help. It's nice to see it was not something dumb on my part.

> Thus, this is not a good method to follow if you want to debug test #300, as
> you may need to do it 300 times.
How are you guys debugging routines? Do you have a small test harness
that links against the lib after a 'make install'? I ask because I
found the test program using libgnupdf the easiest for my limited
skill set. But using libgnupdf may change things enough so that former
problems no longer appear.

Jeff