pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] FS#72 jpx filter implementation

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] FS#72 jpx filter implementation
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:00:13 -0400

>>>>> "g" == gerel  <address@hidden> writes:

g> Well, I found that Second Life and a GIMP plugin uses OpenJPEG but
g> Jasper's website lists many more projects. If you can, please do a
g> more detailed research and post further comments here, I would
g> appreciate it.

I know that MuPDF and GhostScript recently switched over.  I'm sure I
remember some more list discussions as well.

The problem is simply that jasper does not support all of the jpeg2k
images in actual use, epsecially w/in PDFs.

There were also some bugs at issue.

I cannot remember which other groups I read about jasper/openjpeg, but
I am sure that there were more.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6