pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Solution to FS #126

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Solution to FS #126
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 08:33:19 +0200

On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 20:50 -0700, Harshavardhana wrote:
> http://www.gnupdf.org/flyspray/index.php?do=details&task_id=126
>
> libcurl has an easy implementation which would encode the path
> strings
>
> curl_easy_escape
> curl_easy_unescape
>
> There are other implementations in "wget" project which can be ported
> to gnu pdf.
>
> glib project has "g_uri_escape_string" but it seemed to me more like
> RFC3986 implementation, which doesn't involve escaping
> "<scheme>:<scheme-resource>" .

FS126 is not just about escaping strings, it's about getting URLs (see
RFC1738). For example, a URL for a file accesible through the HTTP
protocol in the web will have a http:// scheme; a local file will have a
file:// scheme... (so not only escaping involved).

Don't only look at g_uri_escape_string(), that's also only for escaping;
I really meant g_file_get_uri() or g_file_new_from_uri() for example.

Probably wget has also an implementation of this, so it's worth checking
to see if we can reuse it.

Cheers!

--
Aleksander