pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] new contributor

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] new contributor
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 17:46:14 +0200

Hi Franck,

> I am "proud" to bring you my first patch. I hope it will satisfy
> the coding conventions. It corrects only two similar bugs in one
> file. If everything goes okay I will send you a bigger patch
> which will corrects several bugs.

Thanks for the patch but... all the pdf-stm* files are being heavily
refactored by me, I hope to have the branch ready soon, so I don't think
we should apply that patch... that code was already completely modified
in my WIP branch, see
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~aleksander-m/gnupdf/stream-api-refactor/view/head:/src/base/pdf-stm-be-file.c.

As a side note, the list in AUTHORS should be in alphabetical order
(isn't there a script to update it already?); and w.r.t to coding style,
the lines just after the changes were not properly aligned (so that you
know for your next patch!! :-D )

I would suggest to avoid any fixes regarding the CLang static code
analysis report right now, and focus on trying to implement missing bits
in other modules... Most of the reported problems are anyway in unit
tests because CLang doesn't understand that after a failure in
fail_if(condition); that condition can no longer happen again as the
test already exited.

Cheers, and thanks again,

--
Aleksander