pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Comments about the mingw32 compilation steps

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: [pdf-devel] Comments about the mingw32 compilation steps
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 20:23:48 +0200

Hi hi Franck,

Thanks for starting to write down [1] all the mingw32 compilation
steps!
Some comments below.

------------------
General:

 * I would comment that we will default to use $HOME/w32root as prefix
for the installations because that's the path used by libgcrypt and
libgpg-error, and there seems to be no way of changing the default
installation path without modifying their autogen.sh.

------------------
About libpthreads:

 * The last step in the libpthreads section says:
$> cp pthreadGC2.dll path/to/mingw32/lib/pthread.dll
 While it should be:
$> cp pthreadGC2.dll $HOME/mingw32/lib/libpthread.dll
(note using *$HOME* and also *lib* prefix in the filename)

 * I'm getting an issue when compiling. I believe you already digged in
this problem, didn't you? What was the outcome?
        In file included from pdf-global.c:29:
        /home/aleksander/w32root/include/pthread.h:320: error:
        redefinition of 'struct rpl_timespec'
This problem was already found some time ago [2], and it seems it is
already solved in a gnulib module we could import, see [3].

------------------
About libcheck:

 * You don't need to manually build libcheck.ddl. Just add the proper
prefix when calling configure, and then make and make install. During
the make install the dlls will be generated in the installation path:
        $ cd check
        $ autoreconf --install
        $ ./configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc --prefix=$HOME/w32root
        <----
        $ make
        $ make install <-----

------------------
Other stuff:

 * We're missing libjbig2dec and libjpeg dependencies, we should also
include the steps to build them under mingw32. If we're lucky, the steps
will be the same ones as for libcheck.

[1]
http://francksys.free.fr/gnupdf/gnupdf-hg.html#SEC46
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pdf-tasks/2010-04/msg00037.html