pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] About Gnu-PDFlib and Poppler

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] About Gnu-PDFlib and Poppler
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 22:04:44 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012, Martin Schröder wrote:

2012/3/23 Terje Bråten <address@hidden>:
Yes, I guess different language and different license are two main
problems. What about mupdf then? Well, I guess I can have look at that
myself later.

"The focus of MuPDF is on speed, small code size, and high quality
anti-aliased rendering."

Possible, but unlikely.

compared to poppler : smaller memory footprint, and a *lot* faster on embedded. A bit faster on desktop, but not that much. I used both and I measured the speed rendering of of pages of both libraries.

According to mupdf devs, mupdf is sometimes faster than poppler, sometimes slower. It depends on the operations that are done

Vincent Torri