pewit-dev

[Pewit-dev] first compilation results, fixed 2 minor bugs

From: Michael Renzmann
Subject: [Pewit-dev] first compilation results, fixed 2 minor bugs
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:33:06 +0200

Hi all.

I compiled pewit 0.9.1 in three different environments (under Debian 3.0, SuSE 8.1 and a modified SuSE 7.x).

The SuSE 7.x environment didn't compile, reporting the following errors:

packet.c: In function `clear_if':
packet.c:150: variable `t' has initializer but incomplete type
packet.c:150: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
packet.c:150: warning: (near initialization for `t')
packet.c:150: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
packet.c:150: warning: (near initialization for `t')
packet.c:150: storage size of `t' isn't known
packet.c:150: warning: unused variable `t'

This could easily be fixed by inserting "#include <sys/time.h>" in packet.c. A patch against the vanilla tar-ball has been uploaded to savannah (bug #5506)

Another problem in the same environment occured when using the --disable-rtc with ./configure :

In file included from main.c:22:
pewit.h:240: field `old_tv' has incomplete type

This error also could be fixed in a similar way as the bug above, by conditionally inserting "#include <sys/time.h>" in pewit.h when USE_RTC is not defined in config.h. There is a patch for this one, too, uploaded as attachment to bug #5510.

I tested that the both patches don't break compilation, but only in the environment where the problems originally occured. I suppose that there should be no negative impact in other environments.

Bye, Mike