pgubook-readers

[Pgubook-readers] Extra bytes after ./toupper

From: Tim Hilton
Subject: [Pgubook-readers] Extra bytes after ./toupper
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:06:44 -0500

After writing and compiling the toupper.s program I get 32 extra bytes
tacked on to the end of the output file. The bytes are part of the 15th
line from the last line, 17th through the 49th characters. Is this
normal? If so, should an explanation be in the book that this program is
not "perfect", and why it's not, or am I missing it?

It's odd that it's exactly 8 words of data. I know this makes sense
somehow but can't get my brain around it.