pgubook-readers

[Pgubook-readers] Basic CS Question

From: travis seal
Subject: [Pgubook-readers] Basic CS Question
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 20:08:40 -0800

Saving you guys my sob story about the love/hate relationship with
programming, I have come across this book to which I have some hope.

I am reading about the elements and properties of the CPU, and I do
not understand the nature of the fetch/execute cycle. More
specifically how does the counter "hold" the memory address, and where
does it come from initially? How does it know the address is the
appropriate one? How does the "Fetch" look like?

Thank you very much for your help

Travis