Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] offline version of phpGW

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] offline version of phpGW
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:30:29 +0000

regular IMAP clients are plenty fast enough, maybe because they store local
copies
of the mail?  Either way, large mailbox access in phpGW with php-imap is very
slow.  I happen to think that it is slow because it has to parse the whole list
of
headers each time to access the mailbox.  If "email" at least cached the headers
then the access would be considerably faster especially through the imap class.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that this new list also doesn't reply to the list
with
out doing a reply all?  slightly better than the old list, but I still have to
remove my name and the guys's name that I know is also on the list.