Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] how to re-establish IMAP stream

From: Lars Kneschke
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] how to re-establish IMAP stream
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 06:47:23 +0100 (MET)

> address@hidden schrieb:
> So far I can do all of that EXCEPT actually re-establish the stream.
> I've screwed around with some fsockopen and pfsockopen calls but I
> can't get this to work. around with some fsockopen and pfsockopen calls
> but I can't get this to work.

I think this can't work this way. There is now way for you to know, that
same http-process handles your next page request. And i don't think that you
can easily take over socket from another process. Also if your are using php
as cgi, the process which ownes the socket, dies after the page deliverd to
the browser. But i don't know this really. THis are just some ideas... :)

What we would need, is a php-application server which runs for ever in the
background. This server could do such things.

Cu