Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: [ phpgroupware-Bugs-445721 ] email

From: Tony (Angles) Puglisi
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: [ phpgroupware-Bugs-445721 ] email password not saved.
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:49:20 +0000

Miles Lott (address@hidden) wrote*:

>Please do not commit any more changes to the crypto or
>sessions classes.  Submit patches to one of the project
>admins.

Am I a project Admin?

Please recall:

1) I had fixed this crypto class long ago, during the .12 development, however
at
the time there was a general "do not commit to API" ruling and I could not
commit
the fix. Additionally, I was approved only to make a "workaround" for this issue
that could not be part of the crypto class. This workaround has now added to the
issue we face today.
Conclusion: Had I committed the crypto fix then, these email thread would not
exist
today.

2) Regularly I read bug reports on issues in .12 email that I fixed in the .12.1
branch. Regularly my response is to do a checkout of the .12.1 branch. However,
at
the time, some people accused my of being a "non-team-player" by continuing to
commiting to that branch.
Conclusion: FUD != "Angles is not a team player". Quite to the contrary, a "team
player" takes the time to understand what the other guy is doing before
condeming
it. Unquestionably aceeding to the FUD would have cause these bugs to persist in
the .12.x version.

3) I have features which, if I add, I will get $50 US GREEN for. Certain
restrictions will most likely bring about a repeat of the crypto fiasco
outlined in
item (1).

Again, cummunication is the key. Please try to treat FUD as FUD, before acting
on
it. I have a timetable to implement certain features while it's slow at work.
If I
delay now, and if that delay turns out to be based on FUD, then the project as a
whole, in fact the "team" as a whole, will have suffered for it.

Thanks.

p.s. If I sound pissed it's because I am working EXTREMELY hard to code these
features while I have the time. When things get busy at work again, if these
features are not in, features which I need and others need "before yesterday",
then
I will have to wait for another lull at work, for which I can not predict.
--
that's "angle" as in geometry