Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: [ phpgroupware-Bugs-445721 ] email

From: Tony (Angles) Puglisi
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: [ phpgroupware-Bugs-445721 ] email password not saved.
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 23:18:17 +0000

Del (address@hidden) wrote*:

>I can fix the bugs in about 2 minutes.

It's really not a complicated thing. Treat incoming and outgoing data in mirror
imaged ways. How you encrypt I do not care.

Also, if mcrypt is not enabled, PLEASE return the damn password UN-MOLESTED!!!!

I have a function called "is_serialized" that I have to use on anything passing
thru
the damn crypto (I don't have mcrypt), because I have no idea where and how many
times the password may have been serialized. If it's been serialized more than
once
this is completely stupid and unnecessary!

Oh, do you know what happens when you unserialize() something that is not in
fact
serialized? You get back a boolean false. I'd rather have a more complicated
password than that:) This is why I have to check.

If you don't want to do that then you make an extra 2 lines of code for me to
undo
whatever happened in there (certainly there was no encryption if mcrypt is not
installed), but why do that, even.

I can also make it work in 2 minutes with a further "workaround" but I'm not
going
down that road again.

This whole thing is 10x more simple than the emails discussing it. In fact, I'd
say
the code -to- noise ratio is more like 100 to 1.

Kinda funny how things work sometimes... :)
weeeeee, cheers!
--
that's "angle" as in geometry