RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] XMLRPC bug

From: Jean-Eric Cuendet
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] XMLRPC bug
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 18:22:40 +0100

Sorry,
You didn't understand that I'm using a lib for doing this XML-RPC thing.
I use python to experiment. The goal is to use C++ XML-RPC to make a KIO
slave for phpGW.
First I want to see the whole XML-RPC thing working with Python.

> I sure hope your request starts with the following.  POST should be
> the beginning of it.  Then I think you need an extra newline
> after the Content-Length header.  Make sure that the Auth line is all
> one
> line.  Try not sending the X-??? headers, unless you can move them to
> before the Content-??? headers.

That's what I did. What I sent you was a ethereal snap of the network.
There was perhaps spaces or newlines that should not be there. They are
ethereal related.

> > POST http://www.phpgroupware.org/demo/xmlrpc.php HTTP/1.0

The POST is in its own packet. There is a \r\n at the end of it (Why
\r\n? I'm all under Linux...)

> This was sent by Apache, not phpGroupWare.  There is something
> basically wrong with the structure of your post.  Try running
> telnet to port 80 of a phpgroupware-enabled apache server and
> post the same data as in your request above...

So what you say is that the error is generated by Apache, not phpGW? So
it's a pure HTTP error, not an XMLRPC error?

Thanks for your replies.
-jec