[Phpgroupware-developers] Another fresh install problem

From: M . vanDorp
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Another fresh install problem
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 20:41:35 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I mentioned before, I had quite some difficulties installing 0.9.14.RC1
on a freshly installed debian machine.

Well, I messed up, which caused most of the problems. So, I did a new
fresh install (Now I can do it, not when things are really being used).

I got php4 working, I got my Postgresql DB working, and I got the
header management screen from the setup app.

It is rather straightforward, so I entered the neccesary info, and
saved the headers.inc.php-file. A few observations:

After saving, you are succesfully logged out. Next step is to login for
creating tables etc. I couldn't login (|DNS error or host not found).
So I got back to manageheader. All my previously entere info is there,
except the domain checkbos, it's back to 'No' (I've mentioned this
before). I couldn't login, because I accidently had the DB-type on
mysql. The error message is rather confusing, though.

I flipped it back to pgsql, and saved.

When I try to login, I get a connect failure. O yes, no db present (I
had created the user, though). Again, not a very clear error message.

So I created the db (owned by the phpgroupware user), an try again.

Now I get the next screen, with four steps, but I'm not yet ready for
steps 2 to 4. Step 1 is to create the neccesary tables. (Which is
mentioned as 'installing applications'). I click the button, and the
harddrive becomes very active, sounds good!

Alas, after 30 sec of happy spinning, I got the following error:

Database Error: Invalid SQL: CREATE TABLE pjpgw_ttrack_work_catagories
(work_catagory_id int4 NOT NULL DEFAULT
nextval('seq_phpgw_ttrack_work_catagories'), catagory_desc varchar(50),
PRIMARY KEY (work_catagory_id))

PostgreSQL error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
.../phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.db_pgsql.inc.php on line 545

That's where I stopped, to write this mail.
I use: php4.03pl1 and postgresql 6.5.3

I'm this verbose to report problems an average user can get into while
trying to install this great app.

What to do next?

Regards,

Marcel

ing. Marcel van Dorp (CCDP, CCNP+security)   http://www.wiwo.nl
WiWo Support                                 tel. 071-523 77 91
Postbus 1098                                 fax  071-523 77 94
2340 BB Oegstgeest                           gsm  0653-50 77 76