Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] 0.9.14 Mail Bug??

From: David Delon
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] 0.9.14 Mail Bug??
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 14:51:59 +0200

> I updated the PHPGroupware version to the Version 0.9.14 a couple days ago
> and found out that PHPGW can't connect to my IMAP server anymore.
>
> I messed around with the PHP configurations but everything looks fine. I also
> was able to connect with other EMAIL software. Does anybody know what could
> be the problem. Here are my errors when I try connecting.
>
> Warning: Couldn't open stream {216.237.212.153:143/pop3}INBOX in
> /var/www/html/phpgroupware/email/inc/class.mail_dcom_pop3.inc.php on line 183

Hi,

I've just send a fix to this problem to the report manager of
phpgroupware.

If you want to apply it to your source :

Hi,

In application email, phpgroupware version 0_9_14, there is a problem
with the default port for mail retrieval.

If a user has not selected a mail server type in his email preference
(pop3, imap, imaps ...) the default port for email server is 143 even
if another server type is selected in general email configuration.

Here is a quick fix :

in email/inc/class.mail_msg_base.inc.php :

function get_mailsvr_callstr($acctnum='')
        // determine the Mail Server Call String
        // construct the email server call string from the
        // opening bracket "{"  to the closing bracket  "}"
        switch($this->get_pref_value('mail_server_type', $acctnum))
        {
                case 'imaps':   // IMAP over SSL
                        $extra = '/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert';
                        //$extra = '/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert';
                        $defport=993;
                        break;
                case 'pop3s':   // POP3 over SSL
                        $extra = '/pop3/ssl/novalidate-cert';
                        //$extra = '/pop3/ssl';
                        $defport=995;
                        break;
                case 'pop3':    // POP3 normal connection, No SSL
                        $extra = '/pop3';
                        $defport=110;
                        break;
                case 'imap':    // IMAP normal connection, No SSL
                default:                        // UNKNOW SERVER type
                        $extra = '';
                        $defport=143;
                        break;
          }
          if (@!$this->get_pref_value('mail_server_type', $acctnum)) {
             $finalport=$this->get_pref_value('mail_server_type', $acctnum);
          }
          else {
             $finalport=$defport;
          }
          $server_call = '{' .$mail_server .':' .$finalport .  $extra . '}';

--
David