Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] CVS modules, Makefiles and packages, SGML

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] CVS modules, Makefiles and packages, SGML
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:15:56 +0000

I should clarify this a bit.

I think what you are proposing is to have only the SGML files in cvs, and to
generate whetever on "compile" for the packages.  Since there are several of
us that only install apps from the stable cvs tree, this means that we have
to have an SGML viewer.  I personally have never used an SMGL viewer and
don't know what is required to have one.  One thing you can't require is X.
I will not run X on my dedicated web server and I think it's quite anoying to
have to also download the doc file local for something can be simply viewed
with less.  README's and INSTALL files rarely have to be so complexly
formated that SGML/HTML/any-old-markup is required, and where it would help
simply providing a url to online docs, whether on the 'net or explaining
where the docs are installed on your local web server, can easily be done and
is what I would prefer anyway.