Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Calendar CSV Import / Export

From: Alex Borges (lex)
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Calendar CSV Import / Export
Date: 03 Oct 2002 13:18:48 -0600

El jue, 03-10-2002 a las 10:37, Timotheus Pokorra escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on my diploma thesis at the moment. I did an analysis of
> existing group calendaring solutions, and decided that phpGroupWare
> would be the best and cheapest solution for the organisation I'm working
>
> for. But they need an offline client, and I would like to use Outlooks
> CSV support.
>
> So I am thinking about Calendar CSV Import / Export functionality in
> phpGroupWare.

Kindly go ahead!.... just a few thoughts... analayze how is that handled
by the addressbook because diferent outlook versions will give you
diferent order and names for fields in csv files.... the addressbook's
way to do it makes it easy to code a a file for each language to import
outlook csv.... There is also a generic way to relate that is very nice.

Also, remember that db tables have a fixed field width. It may take some
changineg in your (or users of your feature) db tables to accomodate the
size of the fields that outlook will generate....