Re: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] User Profiles

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] User Profiles
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 13:45:55 +1000

jose cabrera <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yeah, the hr app is pretty uselesss considering the time tracker
> app has the
> same feature.

I know there are some problems with the hr app.  Most of these appear
to be a result of users not understanding how it works.  I am aware the
lack of docs do not help this.

As for the duplicate functionality.  It is my understanding that apps
should not 'steal' code from each other ... but use hooks.  This saves
a lot of duplication in code and inconsitencies.

I will look into changing the default image used by the app to read
something like "Not Available in this release" or something like that,
if people think it will save some confusion.  I know this has language
implications ... but this is a limitation of using images instead of
text.  In the next release i would like to see this app (and time
track) use a hook to the vfs to store the images.  The is a seperate
issue which i will leave for now :)

Cheers

skwashd