Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] RPM install madness

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] RPM install madness
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:56:36 +0000

Jason Wies (address@hidden) wrote*:
>2) I think RPM has a way of handling dependancies if you put all the rpms in a
>directory and do an 'rpm -i *'.  Take a look at the '--noorder' option.  Just a
>stab, I haven't used RPM in a while.

installing a bunch of prms isn't the troubling part, it's trying to download
them
when they are mixed in with other types of packages.  Probably would be fine if
the
dl page were catagorized, and some of the rpm's marked as required.  As it is,
there are no rpm dependancies, and you have no way of knowing just what packages
you have to have to even be able to run setup.

Just another one of those "new user" usability things that need worked on.
Thought
maybe i was overlooking some clearer way of doing an rpm install.