Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] md5 question

From: Guillaume Courtois
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] md5 question
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 20:15:21 +0000

No because the syncml client makes a chain with

username:password:nonce

then

md5 = encode_md5(username:password:nonce)

then

chain = encode_base64(md5)

then sends it to the server.

My server can

chain = decode_base64(md5)

but not fields = decode_md5(chain), cause there is no decode_md5 function, it's
a one-way coding, as I understand it.

But if md5(username).md5(password).md5(nonce) = md5(username.password.nonce), I
can get md5(password) as I have all the other fields ...

I have not tested this yet ...