Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Address Book

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Address Book
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:36:08 +1100

jose cabrera <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My company recently ran into a problem with the address book.
>
> We need a way to to have everyone be able to view all entries in
> the address
> book.
>
> As it is now, only the creator of the entry can view the entries
> that they
> have created.

Easy, make sure that all users create their entries as *not* private -
iirc there is a preference for that somewhere.
Also in Admin->Group Admin add a group call "All Users" or whatever.
Put all the users in that group.
Grant that group access to the Addressbook.  Save it.
Select Read rights for the All Users group.  Save it
Done :)

Cheers

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)