Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Help - I screwed up addbook

From: Jamie Lawrence
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Help - I screwed up addbook
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 23:21:45 -0500

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Brian Johnson wrote:

> Database error: Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM phpgw_addbook_contacts WHERE id =
> 761
> PostgreSQL Error: 1 (ERROR: phpgw_addbook_contacts: Permission denied. )
>
> Session halted.
>

> The funny thing is that I didn't change the code at all.  All I did was
> change the
> database table definition.  I didn't have any data in my PostgreSQL table so I
> dropped it and made a new one with:
>
> CREATE TABLE phpgw_addbook_contacts ( rec_id SERIAL, id INT4 NOT NULL,
> contact_category_id INT4, contact varchar(100) );
>
> What I was doing (or at least trying to do) was including the previous fields
> as
> they were and set up a new autoincrementing field (rec_id) as the primary key
>
> I have since tried to set the table up the way it was and still get the same
> error.
>
> I've tried to check the database table access permissions and think they are
> not
> causing the problem

I'm almost certain this is a database permissions issue - from the psql
prompt, do a \z. Ensure that the phpgroupware user has permissions to
access the table. If not, issue a

grant all on phpgw_addbook_contacts to [phpgroupwareuser];

(you may choose slightly more restrictive permissions per your site
policy; I don't know how you do things.

HTH.

-j

--
Jamie Lawrence                                        address@hidden
"God created the integers, all else is the work of man."