Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] anglemail .14cvs shows 0 for all email reg

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] anglemail .14cvs shows 0 for all email regardless of how many new
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 19:03:59 +1100

SI Reasoning <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Friday 22 November 2002 9:03 pm, Dave Hall wrote:
> > SI Reasoning <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > messages since

> > > logged in,

> not new.
> > >
> > > It doesn't really do that either, I would prefer though, that it
> > > show unread
> > > messages or at least give an option as to what it shows.
> >
> > It seems like there is some confustion on this one.  The notify
> window> show total messages/unread messages/new messages since
> last poll of the
> > server - its pretty cool, but i am biased i wrote it.
>
> I like it, except that I wish I could choose which folders I can
> get
> notification on. Also, Why not have an option that would poll
> those chosen
> folders and list them with the new messages olong the top section
> where the
> heading text and open notify window is. That would be just as
> powerful if not
> more so than a small external window or even the inbox section of
> email on
> the welcome page. Then maybe an option as to how often it is polled.

There are few reasons I didn't do this when coding the notify window
changes.  Here they are in order:

1 All my mail goes to the inbox - so does my clients'

2 I didn't think of it

3 I have no need to do it

4 It would be slower

6 The notify window is small and space is at a premium

This said if someone wants to do it by all means go for it ... this is
open source :)

Cheers

Dave