Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Project Structure

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Project Structure
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 19:21:35 -0700

address@hidden wrote:
As mentioned, I am open to co-assigning. This would mean the admin
contact would be the FSF and I would be the technical. The reason I
would be the technical contact is that it runs on my servers. As far as
I know the FSF does not like to host other domains, they want their
projects to be under the www.fsf.org/projects website.

i would suggest to use an own server for the phpgw site which is owned by
the project. and we should have a team of devels which take care of the
server, like its the case with the savannah server(s) too. there are at
least 4 admins, which share the admin task.

Actually if I could continue with full access to the server, and had it hosted at the FSF, I could live with taking the load off my personal server. Tne I would just continue as the billing contact for the domain or whatever

CVS is done on savannah. I have a special account because of my
friendship with loic. This special account is not something I can share
with anyone else, and the only thing Im allowed to do with it is add
developers to the group with CVS write access. I think savannah hackers
would be willing to assign developers to that group if a project admin
sent in the request.

i think it would be better - again, to have a group of ppl doing this
task. an other idea is to create an own project for the api or to dont set
commit limits for the api anymore.

Someone mentioned that we could create a speerate savannah project and then use a symlink to make it work as needed. If this is true, then this is a great solution. I did not do the current cvs trick so that I could control it personally. It was the only solution we could think of at the time.

The website is on my server, and I have always given the leaders access
to the server to help admin it.

> yeah but this doesnt help if the i.e. mysql daemon crashes and the site is
down ...

Yes, if the server were at the FSF I wouldnt mind having the site move. I dont want to move it to anywhere other than the FSF tho.

Dan