Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Project Structure - some progress

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Project Structure - some progress
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 02:19:51 -0700

Lars Kneschke(priv.) wrote:
Dan Kuykendall <address@hidden> schrieb:
Dave brought up a good question about the license to use the trademark
is.
I have not had this spelled out and will do so.
Basicly there will be free license to use it to promote the project.
Its even ok to use it to promote products based on it. such as commercial releases or whatever.
I will look into the rules of the Linux trademark and likely follow
it, unless its too restrictive.

This seem to be a way to go. Do you hold worldwide trademark? Did you
register that name somewhere?

I did not register worldwide. I suppose I should look into that. For now it is only registered with the US Federal Patent and Trademark office.

After a brief look at trademark laws, I need to put in place rules and possibly some small fees for the right of a company to use the trademark in a product they want to release. This is how they handle the Linux trademark and a few others I looked at. It would have to be non-discriminatly granted to any company as long as the product is in fact using or is based on phpGW code. Standard use, such as is what the community would be use it for is considered "fair use".

I will draft the details for posting on phpgroupware.org as I get them in working order.

Dan