Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Themes

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Themes
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 11:36:35 +1000

Bob Crandell <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was doing some research on support.novell.com when it occured to
> me that their
> menuing system would make a good theme in phpGroupware.  Would it?

Yes

> Could it be done
> as a theme?

Yes

Should I just go away?

No, stick around and code it :)

There are several ways of doing this, some of them more complex than
others.  The justweb theme used to support some of this functionality -
not sure if still does, I don't have access to IE atm.

There are several good free js nested menu systems available.  One of
these could be use for this.  The big issue is xbrowser compatiablility
and a fall back mode.  For example if someone really needs to access
phpgw and they only have lynx, phpgw should provide them access to the
options to change to a more lynx compatiable theme.  Lynx is a good
option when fixing things on a server at the console.

Cheers

Dave