[Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Philipp Kamps

From: totschnig . michael
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Philipp Kamps
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:46:29 -0400

I want to second Alex' enthousiasm about the idea of rethinking and
extending the way categories work in phpgroupware. I think, currently
they are underutilized because a view and an interaction like Philip
proposes is missing. I want to a suggestion that I have already
submitted as a feature request on savannah:
It would be nice if there were a hook for defining data an application
wants to store for a cateogry, and in the administration interface for
categories, application specific input elements are appended to the
standard input elements for defining category name and description.
As an example, in news_admin in HEAD you can configure RSS exports for
each category. Instead of having a separate UI for this configuration,
it could be done on the same page the category is defined.

Michael

"Alex (LEX) Borges" <address@hidden> a écrit:

> I really think its good idea, regardless of how impossible it may be to
> put in the blows and whistles to a tree UI.
>
> Groupware suites offer this and have done it for years. Groupware is
> supposed to be simple and to give simple ways to access any kind of
> information. I like it, it would be a cool thing to have, and, if
> philipp is gonna bust his ass doing it, thats even cooler.

[...]