Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] integration of admin-addressbook-calendar-

From: Michael Dean
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] integration of admin-addressbook-calendar-HR
Date: 13 Jun 2003 19:34:20 -0500

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but I believe you should achieve the
relationship by placing a reference to the contact record on the user
account record (i.e., user has a contact record).  In doing that, you
guarantee a user has only one contact record.  Going the other way, a
user could have multiple contact records, which is not desired.

Also, I have posted a link to the DCL contact schema that is used by GNU
Enterprise and will be supported by DCL in version 1.0.  I believe the
FSF is using tools created by GNUe developers that rely on the schema as
a base for their contact management as well.

I think it really needs serious consideration by phpGW for adoption as
we can share the same base schema across all of these wundebar projects.