Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] integration addbook-accounts

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] integration addbook-accounts
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:46:41 +0000

Response is brief due to time constraints:

Jonathan Rivera (address@hidden) wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>i send the db diagram which skwashd and i discussed, here an explanation.
>
>This based on the dcl schema, as you can see the tables are the same, but
>we add 4 tables (contacts_comm, contacts_comm_descr, contacts_comm_type,
>contact_types) for managment of others communications medias.

Could you explain this more please?

>In this picture (http://co.com.mx/~jarg/integration_addbook_accounts.jpg)
>you can see the db diagram.

What's an org_alias?

phpgw_org_contact should have a sequential index (an "id" field) in order to
allow n
-to-n links between orgs and contacts (individuals)

None of the "type" tables are diagramed and should be

Don't forget categories for both contacts and orgs

mdean and I discussed adding a "others" table and an "others_type" table to
pick up
methods of contact other than phone, email, etc.  They should be added to the
diagram.

>additionaly i explain my idea about control contacts for each user system:
>
>phpgw_addbook_entries: this table would be new, and this allow us to have
>a relation between one system user and all his contacts in addressbook.

Could you explain this a bit more?

Since you can query phpgw_contact by the created_by field, I assume this is so
you
can have multiple users own the same contact record.  I don't understand the
need
for such a system

If you do need this, shouldn't it also link to phpgw_org?