Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] jscalendar

From: Lars Kneschke
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] jscalendar
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 19:30:55 +0200

address@hidden schrieb:
>hey,
>we droped the jscalendar from our cvs tree again, maybe temporarily.
>the
>reason is they do not use the lgpl but changed the lgpl licensing
>notice
>by adding some aditional notice.

We are moving in the wrong direction!

Today it is more important for our project to have the right license then
producing code. This is something that makes me really unhappy!!!

Ralf imported the source, integrated it into phpGroupware, many people were
happy with that feature, but because the developer appended some little
clause the work gets destroyed.

This something i can't understand! Why can't we simply contatct the
developer of this class and tell him about the problem. If he changes the
statement the class can stay, if not we need to remove the class.

I know that it is important to have a look at the license(see SCO against
IBM/Linux/GPL), but the way our leaders(wo are the project leaders
currently????) are doing, shows no respect for the work of other people.

I'm i the only one who feels like this?

Cu
--
written with FeLaMiMail