Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Contact function for SQL (howto in mssql)

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Contact function for SQL (howto in mssql)
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 03:46:19 +0000

Found out something today.  pgsql, mysql, and mssql all support the CASE
statement
in sql

It might be good to keep the code as standard as possible (even though we are
using
the db specific concat functions, someday they might merge on one standard) and
use
the CASE function instead of COALESCE() or ISNULL() or IFNULL()

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.2/interactive/functions-conditional.html
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Control_flow_functions.html
http://dbforums.com/t907538.html

Example: