[Phpgroupware-developers] Re:0.9.16RC2 (was Contacts/Addressbook updates

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re:0.9.16RC2 (was Contacts/Addressbook updates)
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 08:52:27 +1000

Hi,

I think everyone appreciates the update from elad.

The Step One crew have been working flat out of fixing the contacts
backend problems in 16RC1.

On the app integration stuff (only my opinion):

* Setup - i think they should be owned by a 'System User' and so shared
based on group memberships - is that too complex?

* Setup2 - do we need to keep first and last name as compulsory fields?
 Can we change that in a 510 upgrade script (which can also be added in
509 so it doesn't break new upgrades)

* Infolog - lex told me he was going to working this ... true?

* Calendar - leave it for head, sorry but too late for such a major
change now

* Projects - I haven't tested it, but I know ceb is working on it.

* Felamimail - any takers? I don't use the app.

The tarballs on the website are now very out of date.  If you are
testing 0.9.16RC1, please use CVS.  We are also planning to get RC2 out
in the next few days, but this will depend on how many bug
hunters/fixers we have on board.  I have a list of bugs that will be
fixed in the next 36hours, so please always run a cvs update before
filing a 0.9.16RCx bug report.

Thanks to everyone who has been testing RC1, we really appreciate the
help and patience :)

A side note on 16, DotGNU 0.1 will be launched on 10-Oct-2003, which
will include an cd iso.  As we are a DotGNU project, they want to
include phpGW in the release.  This leaves us with a dilema, do we look
at working flat out to make the 7-Oct deadline for inclusion with
0.9.16.000 or do we just recomend they use 14.006 and include a note in
the readme about 16 coming out soon?

Cheers

Dave Hall
        micalg=pgp-sha1; protocol="application/pgp-signature"

--=-=-=

Hi everybody, this is an update of what is done and what is needed get
done before rc2.

Bugs that was fixed:
=2D Searching on principal page of addressbook
  The actual behavior is that search in all fields that are visually
  present, except for communication media.
5144, 5148,=20

=2D Some UI bad behavior, like bad redirect and missing data from boxes.
5143, 5145, 5147, 5172, 5174, 5211, 5237, 5238, 5305
And something that was not appointed in bugs, but we found.

=2D Misunderstanding with preferences.
5151, 5166

=2D Flaws in sql_builder classes
  Some criteria was not possible and now are, (used for searching bugs
  for example). Adding robustness to many functions.
5518

=2D Setup script bugs.
  There was some, but ugly bugs.

=2D Concatenate function requested by Brian is coded, but certainly I
  could not test it yet. Apart of this, many things in sql builder
  have being maturing.

Now what is missing, and what is we are working.
=2D Import/Export from csv and vcard.
=2D LDAP integration, I need help on this idea really.
       Basically this two points have one thing in comment that is not
       working properly and in a easy interfase. For export make that
       sql records appear like one table. For import split the data in
       the parts that are different tables.

=2D Integration admin/setup.
       Some parts of admin was fixed but already exist bugs when
       create/edit an account.
       Setup have two know things: Nothing to trap LDAP contacts
       back end when upgrade. And don't add contacts entries for
       accounts that exist. One issue with this is that each contact
       need an owner, and here I don't know if the best default is set
       the user itself as owner, and add an Admin screen to change
       owner of all `contact systems'. Any comments?
       Update: seems that at least a redirect is needed when
       first_name and last_name box are empty.

=2D Infolog.
      I know this is critical, but I had not time to check what is
      failing.

=2D Calendar (for head I think :(), not use accounts use contacts
      instead.

=2D Felamimail
      Use read() function and that is related to the Import/Export
      issue, need a part that make that tables seems like a one
      simple.

=2D Projects
      ceb has done the work, all is working?

Dave ask me for a date, but before this, I want give the chance that
anyone is interested on contacts back end (as developer), and could
help us making the work in the broken integration with others apps.

Now I'll work on Import/Export and LDAP.
Jarg in admin catalogs management.
And lex will finish preferences.

Best Regards

PD. Jarg is delivering some changes in edit and others bugfix while
I'm writing this mail.
=2D-=20
Edgar Antonio Luna D=EDaz - http://www.sogrp.com
Fingerprint: C008 5EAC 5272 AC8C 7589  4821 8B34 6166 8733 8310

--=-=-=--